Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Mario Vukelic

Default speed adjustment for music player

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 22:17 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> (and I haven't tried this xmms plugin, so
> YMMV)

Oh yeah, and not that this plugin is old and for OSS (open sound system,
if I recall correctly), an outdated linux sound architecture (but still
functional, if nothing better comes along).

I suppose better stuff can be found. Maybe google for "change pitch
speed independent" (without quotes) on www.google.com/linux

Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
NoOp

On 07/28/2008 12:28 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I teach international folk dancing. Is there an add-on for a linux
> compatible music player which allows you to adjust the speed of the
> playback? This would make practicing easier. I have had one for windows.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

Audacity. Has a nice slide bar that you can use to play at slower/faster
speeds in real-time without having to modify the sound file. Far right
on the toolbar just to the right of the green right arrow. Works
perfectly for my wife when she instructs Filipino folks dances.

From a terminal:

sudo apt-get install audacity

Or use Synaptic to install.

Gary