-   -   OT: application statistics (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/133248-ot-application-statistics.html)

Mario Vukelic 07-28-2008 08:27 PM

OT: application statistics

Edited for obviousness:

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 14:13 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Sorry, I do not know what your statistics prove. Of course for
> Ubuntu 100 percent of the Ubuntu installed HAVE Evolution installed.

It seems to says that ca. twice as many popcon users use Evolution than
Thunderbird.

Of course we cannot simply assume that the popcon results are an
indication of real usage, since sending popcon results is not enabled by
default. However, your proposed method, if I understood it correctly,
would only count mailing list posters, which is probably even more
skewed.

Anyway, this is off-topic, posting to -users about potential
improvements has no effect in the first place. Brainstorm might be a
better place: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/