Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
"H.S."

Default alt+tab to get Konsole in focus does not allow typing into it

Hello,

In Hardy, fully updated, using KDE, I am having this problem that while
switching window focus to Konsole using ALT+TAB, I cannot type in
Konsole's window. The usual case is to shift focus from Emacs or from
Firefox to Konsole. The konsole window does come in front and it appears
to get the focus, but I cannot type anything inside that windows.

However, if I shift focus by clicking the mouse on Konsole, then
everything works fine in the Konsole windows.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

thanks.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
"Steve Flynn"

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:17 PM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In Hardy, fully updated, using KDE, I am having this problem that while
> switching window focus to Konsole using ALT+TAB, I cannot type in
> Konsole's window. The usual case is to shift focus from Emacs or from
> Firefox to Konsole. The konsole window does come in front and it appears
> to get the focus, but I cannot type anything inside that windows.
>
> However, if I shift focus by clicking the mouse on Konsole, then
> everything works fine in the Konsole windows.
>
> Any idea what could be going wrong?

Do you have your mouse set to raise focus on a window when it's
hovered over? I'm not currently a KDE user and haven't been for some
10 years but I recall being affected by a similar thing back in the
mid 90's.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 07-29-2008, 02:44 PM
"H.S."

Steve Flynn wrote:

> Do you have your mouse set to raise focus on a window when it's
> hovered over? I'm not currently a KDE user and haven't been for some
> 10 years but I recall being affected by a similar thing back in the
> mid 90's.

No, it is not set that way.

After I bring a Konsole into focus using ALT+TAB, even clicking on that
window does not allow me to type anything. I must shift focus using the
mouse click to be able to type.

->HS