Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Default speed adjustment for music player

I teach international folk dancing.* Is there an add-on for a linux compatible music player which allows you to adjust the speed of the playback?* This would make practicing easier.* I have had one for windows.

Thanks

Gary

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 15:28 -0400, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I teach international folk dancing. Is there an add-on for a linux
> compatible music player which allows you to adjust the speed of the
> playback? This would make practicing easier. I have had one for
> windows.

There is a plugin for xmms that can change speed and pitch
independently: http://www.xmms.org/plugins.php?details=70

I dunno about other players (and I haven't tried this xmms plugin, so
YMMV)