Old 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Cody Herriges

Default OpenSolaris 2008.05 within KVM

Anyone been able to get Opensolaris 200805 to function in kvm? I am using the most up to date kvm
package from Ubuntu and the standard Opensolaris live cd to install. I can boot the live cd fine
with in the kvm instance but after the system is installed and I reboot the new virtual machine, it
just continually reboots with this error after the grub screen goes away;
'panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc245a0: cannot mount root path /ramdisk:a'. Any insight would be
appreciated.

Thanks,