Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Matt Uchiha

Default setting up worldcall wireless in ubuntu!

Hello guys!
My name is Mazhar and I am new to the list. I started
receiving messages from it and found it very useful. Now I have a very
serious problem. I ordered Ubuntu CD 2 weeks ago and i tshould be
arriving soon. I use the internet with my world call wireless huawie
set, which are sold in Pakistan(I don't know about other countries). I
am using windows XP now. My wcall wireless set came with a drivers CD
from which I successfully installed the drivers. But I know that I
cannot install the drivers in ubuntu. So I wanted to know how can I set
up my wcall wireless phone set in ubuntu. Please can anyone help me with
this.

regards,

Mazhar

Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 PM
chris

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Matt Uchiha <yam.matt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys!
> My name is Mazhar and I am new to the list. I started
> receiving messages from it and found it very useful. Now I have a very
> serious problem. I ordered Ubuntu CD 2 weeks ago and i tshould be
> arriving soon. I use the internet with my world call wireless huawie
> set, which are sold in Pakistan(I don't know about other countries). I
> am using windows XP now. My wcall wireless set came with a drivers CD
> from which I successfully installed the drivers. But I know that I
> cannot install the drivers in ubuntu. So I wanted to know how can I set
> up my wcall wireless phone set in ubuntu. Please can anyone help me with
> this.

I'm really not sure if this will help you or not... but I found this.

http://sbjaved.blogspot.com/2008/06/huawei-ets-2558-setup-guide-for-linux.html