Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
"Donny George"

Default help on unbuntu+ldap

hello

I installed two machines with ubuntu 8.04 server edition and tried to set up an ldap client and server in them. and i followed the following link http://beginlinux.com/index.php/server_training/server-managment-topics/116-server-management/1015-basics-of-ldap

i have successfully created the ldap server and use phpldap as the gui and populated the database as well. the next thing i did was to create the client and that was performed as well and i could get the structure of the ldap with the command getenet passwd on the client.

But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the ldap server which should normally happen

could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??

thankyou one and all for your help

donny

Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Davide Corio

Il giorno lun, 28/07/2008 alle 11.12 +0200, Donny George ha scritto:

> But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the
> ldap server which should normally happen
>
> could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??
>
> thankyou one and all for your help

Does the client reports any error during the login?

Can you try to run slapd in debug mode and check the log?

regards,
--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM
"Donny George"

Il giorno lun, 28/07/2008 alle 11.12 +0200, Donny George ha scritto:

> But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the

> ldap server which should normally happen

> could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??

> thankyou one and all for your help

Does the client reports any error during the login?

Can you try to run slapd in debug mode and check the log?

regards,

--

Davide Corio

email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

web: http://www.domsense.com

hello corio

if i try to log in at the login screen of ubuntu it just says wrong username or passwd. if i try in the text mode of ubuntu with the command login <username> then it asks for passwd and once thats given, it says incorrect log in.

how cud i run slapd in debug mode

don

Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
"Donny George"

Il giorno lun, 28/07/2008 alle 11.12 +0200, Donny George ha scritto:

> But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the

> ldap server which should normally happen

> could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??

> thankyou one and all for your help

Does the client reports any error during the login?

Can you try to run slapd in debug mode and check the log?

regards,

--

Davide Corio

email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com

web: http://www.domsense.com

hello corio

if i try to log in at the login screen of ubuntu it just says wrong username or passwd. if i try in the text mode of ubuntu with the command login <username> then it asks for passwd and once thats given, it says incorrect log in.

how cud i run slapd in debug mode

don

hello

how cud i possibly check the log file of the ldap authentication

help please

don