Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Dan Farrell

Default No internet yet, "LCP terminated by peer".

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:45:09 +0200
"DVAT" <dva-tlse@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Thanks to indicate me where I can download the file that I am
> missing. (CMVep.bin.v2)

I think you might be able to find it on your windows hard drive,
actually. The firmware for the modem _should_ be the same in both
operating systems. See if it came with the driver, or if it can be
found with the windows search option.

> Jul 25 18:24:56 david-desktop kernel: [ 3130.202047] usb 3-2:
> [Ueagle-atm] use deprecated cmvs version, please update your firmware
Your firmware might also be too new, perhaps you need an older
version? Any way, try to find the one that you use with windows and
put it in the mentioned directory.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
NoOp

On 07/26/2008 10:45 AM, DVAT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work under ubuntu 8.04-hardy, but I have no internet yet; I then
> write under windows OS and I also have to use it for downloads. (it's
> a dual boot with W2K-pro); I'm trying to set up a dsl modem fast 800
> (II) (from sagem-France) and it's not won yet; here follows what
> gives a "tail -f" command of the /var/log/syslog file from the time
> when I plug the USB modem until the end of the world, or at least the
> unplug. (summary follows)

Perhaps these will help (don't know as I don't have that modem):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bhardy+%2Bueagle-atm
<http://sampatht.blogspot.com/2008/07/getting-adsl-usb-modem-working-on.html>
http://eagle-usb.org/ueagle-atm/non-free/
https://gna.org/projects/ueagleatm/