Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
John L Fjellstad

Default 8.04 MTA?

Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> writes:

>> That is, you can attach
>> certain filters during the SMTP conversation, and these filters
>> (programs actually) are run. Only when it pass through the all the
>> filters, will it accept the message.
>
> The other issue of course is whether you can do that fast enough to
> actually handle all the _valid_ incoming mail. I can't guarantee that
> postfix can do this for a busy server.

True. I really don't have experience managing really busy servers (say
like what gmail and hotmail must deal with, or even a medium size
enterprise), so I can't really say much intelligent about that.

--
John L. Fjellstad
web: http://www.fjellstad.org/ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Res

So much exageration in this thread it is actually funny.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, John L Fjellstad wrote:

> Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> writes:
>
>>> That is, you can attach
>>> certain filters during the SMTP conversation, and these filters
>>> (programs actually) are run. Only when it pass through the all the
>>> filters, will it accept the message.
>>
>> The other issue of course is whether you can do that fast enough to
>> actually handle all the _valid_ incoming mail. I can't guarantee that
>> postfix can do this for a busy server.
>
> True. I really don't have experience managing really busy servers (say
> like what gmail and hotmail must deal with, or even a medium size
> enterprise), so I can't really say much intelligent about that.

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
a nicer place.