Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Robert Holtzman

Default 8.04 MTA?

I see that sendmail is not the default MTA. I can't find what is.
Searching the system shows no postfix, exim4 or anything else that I can
find. Running a search on "ubuntu 8.04 MTA" came up with an entry for
their server guide I found amusing. It states that postfix is the default
MTA then goes on to give instructions on installing and configuring
postfix. If it's the default, why are they telling you how to install it?
Anyone have an explanation?

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman