-   -   unbuntu+ldap (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/132610-unbuntu-ldap.html)

"Donny George" 07-27-2008 08:18 PM

unbuntu+ldap

hello

I installed two machines with ubuntu 8.04 server edition and tried to set up an ldap client and server in them. and i followed the following link http://beginlinux.com/index.php/server_training/server-managment-topics/116-server-management/1015-basics-of-ldap

i have successfully created the ldap server and use phpldap as the gui and populated the database as well. the next thing i did was to create the client and that was performed as well and i could get the structure of the ldap with the command getenet passwd on the client.

But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the ldap server which should normally happen

could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??

thankyou one and all for your help

donny