Old 07-27-2008, 02:56 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

Default Spaces in file names of files in drawer

I use drawers for some programs and documents, but I found that if a file name has spaces in it, it can't be opened from the drawer. I guess that I'm supposed to enter quotes (", which really are inch characters; " are the real quotes, but never mind…) somewhere, but exactly where? I tried a few places, but everything I tried failed.

It seems like a document in a drawer really is a starter and the start command seems to be file://path/filename, for example: file:///home/me/MyFolder/MyFile.odt. So, if I want to open another file, called "My other fil.odt" in that very same folder, file:///home/me/MyFolder/My other file.odt won't work. How can i make this work?

Johnny Rosenberg

Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

2008/7/27 Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak@knm.org.pl>

2008/7/27 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>:

> I use drawers for some programs and documents, but I found that if a file

> name has spaces in it, it can't be opened from the drawer.

Works for me. When I used drag & drop to put a shortcut to such file

in a drawer, spaces got represented by %20.Me too, but it doesn't work.Have you tried doing that with ODF documents, having OpenOffice.org as the default program for opening such files? Because it works for me too, but not with ODF/OpenOffice.org.
No matter if it's an OpenOFfice.org bug or not, there should be a workaround, shouldn't it?besides I don't really understand why the documents dropped into a drawer becomes a starter. Why can't it just be a link to the original document?
*

--

Marcin Kowalczyk

qrczak@knm.org.pl

http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/

Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

2008/7/29 Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak@knm.org.pl>

2008/7/28 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>:

> Have you tried doing that with ODF documents, having OpenOffice.org as the

> default program for opening such files? Because it works for me too, but not

> with ODF/OpenOffice.org.

This is strange. It indeed didn't work with OOo, so I changed the

association to open *.odt files with another program — it worked. I

changed it back to OOo writer — and now it works!Well, that's strange! I'll try that too… by the way, how do you change file associations?

--

Marcin Kowalczyk

qrczak@knm.org.pl

http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/

Old 07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Leif Gregory

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:00:10 +0200
"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, that's strange! I'll try that too… by the way, how do you
> change file associations?

Right click the file, choose properties, go to open with tab.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org