FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM
"Christian"
 
Default What sound recording program?

Hi all,
I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio. Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
Christian


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Brendan Strunk
 
Default What sound recording program?

Try using the recording software that came with Ubuntu
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:27:35 +0200
> From: christian08@runbox.com
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: What sound recording program?
>
> Hi all,
> I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio. Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
> Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
> Christian
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Brendan Strunk
 
Default What sound recording program?

Try using the recording software that came with Ubuntu
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:27:35 +0200
> From: christian08@runbox.com
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: What sound recording program?
>
> Hi all,
> I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio. Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
> Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
> Christian
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
andy baxter
 
Default What sound recording program?

Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio. Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
> Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
> Christian
>
>
>
Why do you need something that supports Pulseaudio? I've had a look but
can't find anything. If you say what you're trying to do and why you
need Pulseaudio support, this might help people give you some advice on
a solution.

andy

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 AM
"Christian"
 
Default What sound recording program?

On 2008-07-27 at 13:16 Brendan Strunk wrote:

>Try using the recording software that came with Ubuntu
>> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:27:35 +0200
>> From: christian08@runbox.com
>> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Subject: What sound recording program?
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio.
>Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
>> Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
>> Christian
>>
Yes I did that, and it's working fine now.
However, I need to have some sound editing capabilities.
Many thanks,
Christian
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>_________________________________________________ ________________
>Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger.
>http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_me ssenger_video_072008
>
>--
>ubuntu-users mailing list
>ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 12:18 AM
andy baxter
 
Default What sound recording program?

Christian wrote:
>
> On 2008-07-27 at 13:16 Brendan Strunk wrote:
>
>
>> Try using the recording software that came with Ubuntu
>>
>>> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:27:35 +0200
>>> From: christian08@runbox.com
>>> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Subject: What sound recording program?
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am looking for a sound recording program that supports Pulseaudio.
>>>
>> Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.
>>
>>> Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!
>>> Christian
>>>
>>>
> Yes I did that, and it's working fine now.
> However, I need to have some sound editing capabilities.
> Many thanks,
> Christian
>
Have a look at rezound - it has a lot of good features like a spring
wheel which lets you play the file you're editing at different speeds.
Ardour is also worth a look if you're seriously into audio editing, but
is more work to set up (it uses jackd, which needs a real time kernel to
run well).
>>> --
>>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>> __________________________________________________ _______________
>> Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger.
>> http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_me ssenger_video_072008
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>
>
>
>
>


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-28-2008, 04:45 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"
 
Default What sound recording program?

2008/7/27 Christian <christian08@runbox.com>

Hi all,

I am looking for a sound recording program *that supports Pulseaudio. Since Audacity doesn't support Pulseaudio as of yet.Sorry to reply with another question, but could that be the reason that I can't get any sound from Audacity? Everything else works, but Audacity gives error messages rather than sound when trying to play a file, no matter what file format I'm using. I have Ubuntu 8.04 and I guess that means that I also have Pulse Audio, since I did nothing to remove it.
Johnnt Rosenberg*

Any help would be apreciated, many thanks!

Christian





--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
"David Fox"
 
Default What sound recording program?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to reply with another question, but could that be the reason that I
> can't get any sound from Audacity? Everything else works, but Audacity gives
> error messages rather than sound when trying to play a file, no matter what

Probably not, as I have pulseaudio, but I don't think it is running
nor configured because I never did anything to affect pulseaudio. It
seems to be running if I use Gnome, but I spend 99% of my desktop time
in kde and it doesn't seem to affect anything sound-related. For
instance, I can start audacity (just tried it in fact) and have it
import and play an ogg file. When I run mplayer, I get a "can't
connect to server" message relating to pulseaudio each time, but sound
continues to play just like normal.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Karl Larsen
 
Default What sound recording program?

David Fox wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry to reply with another question, but could that be the reason that I
>> can't get any sound from Audacity? Everything else works, but Audacity gives
>> error messages rather than sound when trying to play a file, no matter what
>>
>
> Probably not, as I have pulseaudio, but I don't think it is running
> nor configured because I never did anything to affect pulseaudio. It
> seems to be running if I use Gnome, but I spend 99% of my desktop time
> in kde and it doesn't seem to affect anything sound-related. For
> instance, I can start audacity (just tried it in fact) and have it
> import and play an ogg file. When I run mplayer, I get a "can't
> connect to server" message relating to pulseaudio each time, but sound
> continues to play just like normal.
>
>
I have Gnome and audacity works just fine on Hardy with pulse audio.
It has so many levers and switches it is hard to use. But it can do
almost anything to music you could want.

Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"
 
Default What sound recording program?

2008/7/29 Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com>

David Fox wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg

> <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

>

>> Sorry to reply with another question, but could that be the reason that I

>> can't get any sound from Audacity? Everything else works, but Audacity gives

>> error messages rather than sound when trying to play a file, no matter what

>>

>

> Probably not, as I have pulseaudio, but I don't think it is running

> nor configured because I never did anything to affect pulseaudio. It

> seems to be running if I use Gnome, but I spend 99% of my desktop time

> in kde and it doesn't seem to affect anything sound-related. For

> instance, I can start audacity (just tried it in fact) and have it

> import and play an ogg file. When I run mplayer, I get a "can't

> connect to server" message relating to pulseaudio each time, but sound

> continues to play just like normal.

>

>

¬* ¬*I have Gnome and audacity works just fine on Hardy with pulse audio.

It has so many levers and switches it is hard to use. But it can do

almost anything to music you could want.



Karl





Ok, I couldn't get Audacity to play anything at all no matter what I tried. I guess I have to ask the question in a new thread anyway, for help with troubleshooting, or at least where to start looking.
Johnny Rosenberg (I accidently called myself "Johnnt" last time, sorry for the confusion‚Ķ)¬*
--



¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*Linux User

¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*#450462 ¬* http://counter.li.org.

¬* PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ¬*ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7





--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org