Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Robert Spanjaard

Default Rare keyboard lockup

Since installing Hardy, my PS/2 keyboard locks up sometimes (it only
happened twice now). It can easily be fixed by unplugging/plugging in
again.

I'd like to file a bug report, but I've got no idea on where to look in
my logfiles to provide more information. None of the logs in
Administration/System Log* show anything special.

Ofcourse, there's a small chance that the keyboard itself locks up, but
it never happened with the previous releases. And because it's such a
rare event, it's hard to check with another OS or keyboard.

Can anybode help me out?

* auth.log, daemon.log, debug, kern.log, messages, syslog, user.log and
Xorg.0.log

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Frans

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:17:36 +0000, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

> Since installing Hardy, my PS/2 keyboard locks up sometimes (it only
> happened twice now). It can easily be fixed by unplugging/plugging in
> again.
>
> I'd like to file a bug report, but I've got no idea on where to look in
> my logfiles to provide more information. None of the logs in
> Administration/System Log* show anything special.
>
> Ofcourse, there's a small chance that the keyboard itself locks up, but
> it never happened with the previous releases. And because it's such a
> rare event, it's hard to check with another OS or keyboard.
>
> Can anybode help me out?
>
> * auth.log, daemon.log, debug, kern.log, messages, syslog, user.log and
> Xorg.0.log

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_connector#Hardware_issues warns against
hotplugging.

Good luck!

-Frans

Old 07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Brendan Strunk

The best thing to do is go to an earlier version of Ubuntu like 7.10

Old 07-27-2008, 08:38 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Brendan Strunk
<brendan.strunk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The best thing to do is go to an earlier version of Ubuntu like 7.10

I assume you're trolling, posting groundless bollocks like this. If
you don't know what you're talking about it's best to not say
anything.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 07-27-2008, 08:39 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

I get the distinct feeling that it is not only a PS2 issue. I have had an incident or two when the keyboard does funny stuff on my laptop. It seems as though some keys simply freeze with the exception of maybe 1-2 non alphanumeric keys. This could be nothing but I will keep an eye on it.

Regards,
Mario

The best thing to do is go to an earlier version of Ubuntu like 7.10

> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> From: ketelaars@wanadoo.nl

> Subject: Re: Rare keyboard lockup
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:15:21 +0000
>
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:17:36 +0000, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>
> > Since installing Hardy, my PS/2 keyboard locks up sometimes (it only

> > happened twice now). It can easily be fixed by unplugging/plugging in
> > again.
> >
> > I'd like to file a bug report, but I've got no idea on where to look in
> > my logfiles to provide more information. None of the logs in

> > Administration/System Log* show anything special.
> >
> > Ofcourse, there's a small chance that the keyboard itself locks up, but
> > it never happened with the previous releases. And because it's such a

> > rare event, it's hard to check with another OS or keyboard.
> >
> > Can anybode help me out?
> >
> > * auth.log, daemon.log, debug, kern.log, messages, syslog, user.log and

> > Xorg.0.log
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_connector#Hardware_issues warns against
> hotplugging.

> Good luck!
>
> -Frans

Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras

Old 07-27-2008, 10:23 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

I agree. Going back versions is against evolving the current release