Old 07-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Ken McLennan

Default Email problem

G'day there One & All,

Over the last few weeks I've responded to various emails on this &
the Xubuntu users list also. While things worked fine previously, my
later messages haven't appeared anywhere. I've not had them posted back
with the list's mail, nor can I find them in the archives.

I've just tried changing my email address to a different account
(although I fail to see why that should make any difference), and I'm
hoping that this message will appear somewhere.

My apologies if this msg is a nuisance to you, but I'm sure the list
hasn't gone read-only overnight

See ya
Ken

Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 AM
James Takac

hI kEN

On Sunday 27 July 2008 16:40:15 Ken McLennan wrote:
> G'day there One & All,
>
> Over the last few weeks I've responded to various emails on this &
> the Xubuntu users list also. While things worked fine previously, my
> later messages haven't appeared anywhere. I've not had them posted back
> with the list's mail, nor can I find them in the archives.
>
> I've just tried changing my email address to a different account
> (although I fail to see why that should make any difference), and I'm
> hoping that this message will appear somewhere.
>
> My apologies if this msg is a nuisance to you, but I'm sure the list
> hasn't gone read-only overnight
>
> See ya
> Ken

Have you changed the way you're posting? I use gmail as well and have noticed
that I'll see the posts made via the web interface but not via smtp. It seems
a feature of gmail

James
--
If a man looks after the faults of others, and is always inclined to take
offense, his own passions will grow, and he is far from the destruction of

Dharmapada

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Ken McLennan

G'day there James,

> Have you changed the way you're posting? I use gmail as well and have noticed
> that I'll see the posts made via the web interface but not via smtp. It seems
> a feature of gmail
>
> James

I've heard that GMail can cause a few "issues" on mailing lists,
however in this instance it seems to work. I previously used a pop3
account provided by my ISP and it worked fine for ages. However, they
recently joined forces with another company and from about that time my
account has turned to crap.

I just changed to my Gmail address and you've replied, so
something's working properly. I thought I may have had a problem with
either Gmail or the add-on I use so I can access webmail via
Thunderbird, but it all appears to be OK. I still have no idea what went
wrong, but I'm happy with the outcome and appreciate your words of
caution. At least now if random problems occur I have an idea of where
to look.

Thanks for your help,
Ken