Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Default Saving network-manager network settings

Hi,

Is there a way to save *and reuse* wireless network settings entered in
Network Manager applet? For example, settings needed to connect to
WPA[2] Enterprise Wi-Fi: security/encryption type, identities,
certificates, keys etc.

It looks like all this is saved in
~/.gconf/system/networking/wireless/networks/. However on the next
connection attempt to the same SSID all the corresponding fields in
nm-applet are empty...

Thanks,
┼*ar┼źnas

Old 12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

Is there a way to save *and reuse* wireless network settings entered in
Network Manager applet? For example, settings needed to connect to
WPA[2] Enterprise Wi-Fi: security/encryption type, identities,

certificates, keys etc.

It looks like all this is saved in
~/.gconf/system/networking/wireless/networks/. However on the next
connection attempt to the same SSID all the corresponding fields in
nm-applet are empty...

Thanks,
┼*ar┼źnas
That's strange... I've never heard┬* of that┬* problem┬* before. Try going to the Gnome Keyring Manager (In the System menu, but not sure where... not on an Ubuntu box at the moment) and seeing if your passwords are there. Does it ask you for a keyring password when you try to connect? If so, it means that the passwords are remembered but your keyring password is not. Try deleting the keyring in Keyring Manager, and when NM asks you to set a new password, use a password identical to your system login password. If they're both the same, the act of logging into the machine should unlock the keyring via libpam-keyring.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 AM
AlgoMantra

Is there a way to save *and reuse* wireless network settings entered in
Network Manager applet? For example, settings needed to connect to
WPA[2] Enterprise Wi-Fi: security/encryption type, identities,

certificates, keys etc.

That's strange... I've never heard* of that* problem* before.

I have the same problem actually, but I've been ignoring it. Everytime

I reboot I have to do the Network Setting again, or if wireless has to
be reconnected. One small solution is to save your settings as a "location"
in Network Settings in the nm-applet. Then you click on the location

and the settings come back. But you still have to reload the location...
--

Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Sarunas Burdulis