Old 08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
andy baxter

Default saving flv files streamed over rtmp

Spruil wrote:
> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:g6gcou$1hb$1@ger.gmane.org:
>

>> Keep in mind that the file will disappear from /tmp as soon as the
>> stream is closed. Do you have a particular flv url & perhaps I can
>> test/try?
>>

> I notice you're in the uk so I'm going to take a wild guess you may be
> trying to save the BBC iplayer flv files.
>
> If this is the case, I have noticed that since the recent revamp it it
> really hard to save these files. They are playing really clever now.
>
> If this isn't what you're trying please disregard my post

This page seems to be the place to look:

http://beebhack.wikia.com/wiki/Programs

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 AM
andy baxter

gingerk wrote:
> Hi Andy...for me, the "grab it" button does not show up for that particular
> link. I feel like I've tried everything. Could I possibly trouble you to
> give it a try? If it works for you, then perhaps I'm personally just doing
> something wrong. But if you can't manage to save that video, then maybe it's
> just not possible. If you're able to try it out and let me know for sure, I
> would very much appreciate it...it's driving me crazy that this seems to be
> the one video I can't capture, and of course it's one that I really, really
> want :*)

I wasn't using the grab-it /button/ - I was doing it the way where you
start grab-it separately (from the 'tools' menu of orbit), then start
playing the video in firefox, then look in the grab-it window to see
what files come up. If one comes up that looks like the file you want
(probably has the file type 'flv'), then right click on that line and
click download to start downloading it in orbit.

Could you try this first yourself before asking me to do it here? I
don't mind giving it a go if you can't get it to work for you, but not
until you've tried this method and found whether it works.

Thanks,

andy

Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
gingerk

I wasn't using the grab-it /button/ - I was doing it the way where you
> start grab-it separately (from the 'tools' menu of orbit), then start
> playing the video in firefox, then look in the grab-it window to see
> what files come up. If one comes up that looks like the file you want
> (probably has the file type 'flv'), then right click on that line and
> click download to start downloading it in orbit.
>
> Could you try this first yourself before asking me to do it here? I
> don't mind giving it a go if you can't get it to work for you, but not
> until you've tried this method and found whether it works.
>
> Thanks,
>
> andy

Hi, yep I actually already tried that method...that's what results in the
continuous retries and eventual time out. I just tested it again to be sure
and got the same results. The file does show up in the Grab++ window
(219646971_1691169408_Watchmen-Crudup.flv) but then just keeps giving me the
repeated "Connected...Waiting for Retry". Maybe something is off with my
settings - that's why I figured if it works for you, then we can figure out
what I'm doing wrong, and if not, then it probably means it just can't be
captured. Let me know if you or anyone else here is willing/able to give it
a shot, I'd really appreciate any help on finding out if it's doable:
http://www.ew.com/ew/video/festivals?bcpid=1378342280&bclid=1683773559&bctid= 1689589879

Thanks again!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
andy baxter

gingerk wrote:
> I wasn't using the grab-it /button/ - I was doing it the way where you
>
>> start grab-it separately (from the 'tools' menu of orbit), then start
>> playing the video in firefox, then look in the grab-it window to see
>> what files come up. If one comes up that looks like the file you want
>> (probably has the file type 'flv'), then right click on that line and
>> click download to start downloading it in orbit.
>>
>> Could you try this first yourself before asking me to do it here? I
>> don't mind giving it a go if you can't get it to work for you, but not
>> until you've tried this method and found whether it works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> andy
>>

> Hi, yep I actually already tried that method...that's what results in the
> continuous retries and eventual time out. I just tested it again to be sure
> and got the same results. The file does show up in the Grab++ window
> (219646971_1691169408_Watchmen-Crudup.flv) but then just keeps giving me the
> repeated "Connected...Waiting for Retry". Maybe something is off with my
> settings - that's why I figured if it works for you, then we can figure out
> what I'm doing wrong, and if not, then it probably means it just can't be
> captured. Let me know if you or anyone else here is willing/able to give it
> a shot, I'd really appreciate any help on finding out if it's doable:
> http://www.ew.com/ew/video/festivals?bcpid=1378342280&bclid=1683773559&bctid= 1689589879
>
> Thanks again!

I get the same result as you (on a win XP system with a recent version
of orbit) - it says connected, then 'wait for retry' repeatedly.