Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM
hamideh jafarpoor

Default Problem with installation.

Dear Sir,

I have downloaded the image file of "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" from the www.ubuntu.com. I have done the MD5SUM checking after downloading it. Then I burned the image file onto a cd. The Integrity checking of the cd was successful but when I want to install ubuntu there is a problem. The desktop with that bird image is visible but there is no other thing to begin installing, no installing button or something like that. I changed the speed of burning cd but in this case, the pages for installation are not compelete.For instance, I can not see the map and the thing s below it in the part of determining location and time zone!
I would appreciate you helping me or your suggestions.

Regards.
Hamideh Jafarpoor.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com --

Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Karl Larsen

hamideh jafarpoor wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I have downloaded the image file of "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" from the www.ubuntu.com. I have done the MD5SUM checking after downloading it. Then I burned the image file onto a cd. The Integrity checking of the cd was successful but when I want to install ubuntu there is a problem. The desktop with that bird image is visible but there is no other thing to begin installing, no installing button or something like that. I changed the speed of burning cd but in this case, the pages for installation are not compelete.For instance, I can not see the map and the thing s below it in the part of determining location and time zone!
> I would appreciate you helping me or your suggestions.
>
> Regards.
> Hamideh Jafarpoor.

Sounds like you may not have enough RAM for a normal installation.
Try selecting the simple install with simple panels. That should load fine.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
"Victor Padro"

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

hamideh jafarpoor wrote:

> Dear Sir,

> I have downloaded the image file of "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" from the www.ubuntu.com. I have done the MD5SUM checking after downloading it. Then I burned the image file onto a cd. The Integrity checking of the cd was successful but when I want to install ubuntu there is a problem. The desktop with that bird image is visible but there is no other thing to begin installing, no installing button or something like that. I changed the speed of burning cd but in this case, the pages for installation are not compelete.For instance, I can not see the map and the thing s below it in the part of determining location and time zone!

> I would appreciate you helping me or your suggestions.

> Regards.

> Hamideh Jafarpoor.

Why don't you try downloading the alternate cd from ubuntu.com or even from your nearest download site.

* *Sounds like you may not have enough RAM for a normal installation.

Try selecting the simple install with simple panels. That should load fine.

I guess he/she meant that was unable to install from the live cd because couldn't find the install icon.*

Karl

--

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User

* * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

* PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C *ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7

Cheers

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente servidas"

Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
NoOp

On 07/25/2008 12:10 PM, hamideh jafarpoor wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I have downloaded the image file of "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" from
> the www.ubuntu.com. I have done the MD5SUM checking after downloading
> it. Then I burned the image file onto a cd. The Integrity checking of
> the cd was successful but when I want to install ubuntu there is a
> problem. The desktop with that bird image is visible but there is no
> other thing to begin installing, no installing button or something
> like that. I changed the speed of burning cd but in this case, the
> pages for installation are not compelete.For instance, I can not see
> the map and the thing s below it in the part of determining location
> and time zone! I would appreciate you helping me or your suggestions.

This sounds as if there is an issue with the graphics mode; meaning that
the screen resolution is so large that you are not able to view the top
or bottom panels. Please try this: When you boot with the CD and get to
the "Try Ubuntu..." screen, press F4 and and select "Safe graphics
mode". Hit Enter and continue with "Try Ubuntu...". See if that brings
up Ubuntu LiveCD properly.