-   -   Mythbuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/131879-mythbuntu.html)

Steve Brettell 07-26-2008 12:58 AM

Mythbuntu

Does anyone know how to uninstall Mythbuntu from my Hardy Heron system?

"David Fox" 07-26-2008 01:08 AM

Mythbuntu

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Steve Brettell <sbrettell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to uninstall Mythbuntu from my Hardy Heron system?

Did you install mythbuntu-desktop? That should have been enough to
bring in everything else, if it conforms to other "desktop" setups -
such as kubuntu-desktop to install a kubuntu desktop in a ubuntu
system, rather than having to download and install a separate flavor
of ubuntu.

Try doing apt-cache search mythbuntu to see what packages are
installed, and if mythbuntu-desktop is one of them, doing an aptitude
remove --purge mythbuntu-desktop should be enough to remove it, and
purge the configuration files if needed.

Steve Brettell 07-26-2008 12:18 PM

Mythbuntu

Thank you.* I installed the desktop version.* I'll look at the stuff you said, and stumble my way through.

SteveB