Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Keith Clark

Default Adesso 1000 barcode scanner

Anyone manage to get an Adesso 1000 barcode scanner to work under
Ubuntu? It is a USB device and it works fine on a XP machine.

Thanks,

Keith

Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
NoOp

On 07/25/2008 03:43 PM, Keith Clark wrote:
> Anyone manage to get an Adesso 1000 barcode scanner to work under
> Ubuntu? It is a USB device and it works fine on a XP machine.

No idea, but this might help (or not):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BarcodeReaders
<quote>
ADESSO CCD Contact Barcode USB Scanner

* doesn't work
* 7.10 sees it as a USB HID v1.00 Keyboard, powers it up, but when
you scan a valid barcode, it shuts off and doesn't output the barcode.
* usbkbd.ko was loaded but still didn't work.
</quote>

However, my guess is that with some troubleshooting you can probably get
it to work.