Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Default Output to monitor- failed again RESOLVED

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Leif Gregory <ldgregory69@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:51:40 -0400

"Gary Kirkpatrick" <pegngary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu was having a grand time when I connected my external monitor,

> an HD Tv. *Allaber sudden it won't detect it anymore. I have a Radeon

> 9200 in a Dell 600 m. *IKt detects it for a moment if I reboot. *Any

> suggestions?

I ran into a similar issue. The only way I could get it to

work was Preferences->Screen Resolution and clone screen.

Ultimately, I ended up dual booting my PS3 with Ubuntu Gutsy and

haven't looked back to connecting my laptop to the HD anymore.

--

Leif Gregory

Power Wagon Registry: *http://powerwagonregistry.org

Truck Hacks: * * * * * * * *http://trucks.PCWize.com

Geocaching: * * * * * * * * * *http://gps.PCWize.com

PHP Tutorials and snippets: * *http://www.DevTek.org

That method (screen resolution) was working, albeit somewhat strangely, but now it is not!*

Problema resuelto!

Somehow (perhaps it was a gremlin) the 'off' mode was selected under 'grandr.'** I have called the local Ghost Busters.