Old 07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

Default Output to monitor- failed again

Ubuntu was having a grand time when I connected my external monitor, an HD Tv.* Allaber sudden it won't detect it anymore. I have a Radeon 9200 in a Dell 600 m.* IKt detects it for a moment if I reboot.* Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gary

Old 07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Leif Gregory

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:51:40 -0400
"Gary Kirkpatrick" <pegngary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu was having a grand time when I connected my external monitor,
> an HD Tv. Allaber sudden it won't detect it anymore. I have a Radeon
> 9200 in a Dell 600 m. IKt detects it for a moment if I reboot. Any
> suggestions?

I ran into a similar issue. The only way I could get it to
work was Preferences->Screen Resolution and clone screen.

Ultimately, I ended up dual booting my PS3 with Ubuntu Gutsy and
haven't looked back to connecting my laptop to the HD anymore.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org

Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

> Ubuntu was having a grand time when I connected my external monitor,

> an HD Tv. *Allaber sudden it won't detect it anymore. I have a Radeon

> 9200 in a Dell 600 m. *IKt detects it for a moment if I reboot. *Any

> suggestions?

I ran into a similar issue. The only way I could get it to

work was Preferences->Screen Resolution and clone screen.

Ultimately, I ended up dual booting my PS3 with Ubuntu Gutsy and

haven't looked back to connecting my laptop to the HD anymore.

--

Leif Gregory

Power Wagon Registry: *http://powerwagonregistry.org

Truck Hacks: * * * * * * * *http://trucks.PCWize.com

Geocaching: * * * * * * * * * *http://gps.PCWize.com

PHP Tutorials and snippets: * *http://www.DevTek.org

That method (screen resolution) was working, albeit somewhat strangely, but now it is not!*

Old 07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Leif Gregory

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:13:45 -0400
"Gary Kirkpatrick" <pegngary@gmail.com> wrote:

> That method (screen resolution) was working, albeit somewhat
> strangely, but now it is not!

Did you fiddle with the Fn-F(4) keys. It might not be F4 on your
laptop. The keyboard combo to change the output of the laptop from LCD
screen to external output.

They usually have three settings that you cycle through.

1. LCD only
2. External only
3. LCD and External