Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
"Oguz Yarimtepe"

Default corporate environment apt problem

Hi,

I am trying to run my Kubuntu Gutsy in an exchange server environment.
I was trying to set the apt-get at the konsole, so i wrote the
http_proxy and ftp_prorxy values to te .bashrc file as,

export http_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/
export ftp_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/

But when i try apt-get update it says

trying for different ip, the shows some Igns and 404 errors and then
Failes to fetch for gz files.

Am i doing something wrong?

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info

Old 07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

whats with the extra slashes? Get rid of those!

Regards,
Mario

I am trying to run my Kubuntu Gutsy in an exchange server environment.

I was trying to set the apt-get at the konsole, so i wrote the

http_proxy and ftp_prorxy values to te .bashrc file as,

export http_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/

export ftp_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/

But when i try apt-get update it says

trying for different ip, the shows some Igns and 404 errors and then

Failes to fetch for gz files.

Am i doing something wrong?

--

Oğuz Yarımtepe

www.loopbacking.info

Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras

Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 PM
"POWERS, ZACK"

What extra slashes?
The trailing slash is necessary. The issue might be with passing the
user name. There has always been some ambiguity on how to pass a
domain users name in UNIX environments.

Try these formats instead:
export http_proxy=http://somedomainusrnameasswd@proxyiport/
or
export http_proxy=http://usrname@somedomainasswd@proxyiport/

whats with the extra slashes? Get rid of those!

Regards,
Mario

2008/7/25 Oguz Yarimtepe <comp.ogz@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run my Kubuntu Gutsy in an exchange server
environment.
> I was trying to set the apt-get at the konsole, so i wrote the
> http_proxy and ftp_prorxy values to te .bashrc file as,
>
> export http_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/
> export ftp_proxy=http://somedomain/usrnameasswd@proxyiport/
>
> But when i try apt-get update it says
>
> trying for different ip, the shows some Igns and 404 errors and then
> Failes to fetch for gz files.
>
> Am i doing something wrong?
>

> --
> Oguz Yarimtepe