Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Cell BroadBand Engine Simulator on Ubuntu

Hello,

Has anybody installed Cell BE simulator on Intel AMD64 machine ? It seems that only
Red-Hat RPMs are available for it and I will be interested in getting some feedback
as how it was installed on Ubuntu ?

Thanks,

Chaman Singh Verma
Poona, India.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Ganesh Gunasegaran

´╗┐sudo apt-get install alien

If you are on a 32 bit ubuntu

alien -k systemsim-cell-3.0-22.i386.rpm

dkpkg -i systemsim-cell-3.0-22.i386.deb

If you are on a 64 bit ubuntu

alien -k systemsim-cell-3.0-22.x86_64.rpm

dpkg -i systemsim-cell-3.0-22.x86_64.deb

--
Cheers,
Ganesh Gunasegaran.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

If I am not wrong, the following description is for the simulator.
I have brand new PS3 and it will techically wise to use the raw
SDK rather than simulator on PS3.

May be I put the question not correctly. Let me rephrase it. Can

someone give information on IBM SDK on ubuntu running on PS3
machine ?

csv