Old 07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default VMPlayer: Vmmon and Vmblock

Hello,

I am trying to install VMPlayer on my Ubuntu AMD64 machine and here is some message which I am unable to understand and don't know how to fix the problem. I searched for vmmon and vmblock using

"find" commandm but don't know where they are hiding.

csv610@blackhole:~/Garbage/vmware-player-distrib$ ls
bin* doc* etc* FILES* installer* lib* sbin* system_etc* usr* vmware-install.pl
csv610@blackhole:~/Garbage/vmware-player-distrib$ sudo ./vmware-install.pl

The following VMware kernel modules have been found on your system that were
not installed by the VMware Installer.* Please remove them then run this
installer again.

vmmon
vmblock

Execution aborted.