Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
"Mario Spinthiras"

Default LINUX on Windows 98

www.ubuntu.com Download ubuntu desktop. Enjoy.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM, catalina <uraliin.asti@btinternet.com> wrote:

I have a Toshiba 220cds(1997) with Windows 98.

Is it possible for me to install a LINUX Ops System?

Please help...I am inexperienced in this issue.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Sheshadri Musturi

Hi,
Yes, its possible to have Win 98 and linux on your laptop.
First you need to spilt your hard disk in to two parts, one for windows and other for linux,
Linux partition again needs to split into two, which will contain SWAP and Ext2 as partitions.
These are needed for linux to load.

You may use tools like PartitionMangic for your disk partition.

...Musturi