Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
"Ambuj Thacker"

Default Driver:::NETGEAR WG311v3

Hello,
**** I bought s new wireless adaptor of Netgear WG311v3. THe chipset is of MARVEL. I am running Ubuntu 7.04 on my system. I am unable to configure and use the adapter. Kindly help me out....
*
Thanks in advance.
aMBUJ
***

Old 12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Derek Broughton

Ambuj Thacker wrote:

> I bought s new wireless adaptor of Netgear WG311v3. THe chipset is of
> MARVEL. I am running Ubuntu 7.04 on my system. I am unable to configure
> and use the adapter. Kindly help me out....

You haven't given us nearly enough information. Many network products use
multiple chipsets (consequently, different drivers) for what they call the
same product.

What sort of wireless adaptor is it (USB, PCMCIA, PCI)? Depending which it
is, what does "lspci" or "lsusb" show for it? Have you tried ndiswrapper?
--
derek

Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
NoOp

On 12/05/2007 09:33 AM, Ambuj Thacker wrote:
> Hello,
> I bought s new wireless adaptor of Netgear WG311v3. THe chipset is of
> MARVEL. I am running Ubuntu 7.04 on my system. I am unable to configure and
> use the adapter. Kindly help me out....
>
> Thanks in advance.
> aMBUJ

Start here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkDevices
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCardsNetge ar>

If you are having problems getting it to work directly, install
ndiswrapper and download & use the latest drivers.

Drivers:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/wg311v3.asp

Info:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

Other info -bit dated by still should work:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=179801&highlight=wg311v3
Note: I recommend also installing ndiswrapper-utils - it makes life
easier :-)