Old 07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Jan Marquardt

Default Installing Ubuntu 8.04 on iSCSI target

Hello list,

I've ready today that Ubuntu Server can directly be installed to iSCSI
device.
(http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/storage)

I just tried to get this working, but there is no opportunity during
install to configure a target and start the install to it. Is anybody
able to tell please if there is a sufficient documentation for this
issue or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jan Marquardt

Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
"Victor Padro"

gooogling around I found this: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/96509133/m/480004847831/inc/1* maybe it could help a little bit, but can't seem to find a good pointer to ISCSI in ubuntu's help.

Sorry.

Cheers,

I've ready today that Ubuntu Server can directly be installed to iSCSI

device.

(http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/storage)

I just tried to get this working, but there is no opportunity during

install to configure a target and start the install to it. Is anybody

able to tell please if there is a sufficient documentation for this

issue or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jan Marquardt

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente servidas"

Old 07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Jan Marquardt <jm@artfiles.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've ready today that Ubuntu Server can directly be installed to iSCSI
> device.
> (http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/storage)
>
> I just tried to get this working, but there is no opportunity during
> install to configure a target and start the install to it. Is anybody
> able to tell please if there is a sufficient documentation for this
> issue or point me in the right direction?

From a web page on the *Release Candidate* version (i.e. I'm guessing
this might still work)