Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
george Tzortzatos

Default AMD SB600 and Raid 0

Hello to all,

I have a problem in making ubuntu working on a raid 0 setup.
In bios level the raid works correctly but when i try to install ubuntu it "breaks" the raid configuration and ask me to install the operating system on one of the two HDD's.

Here is my system's hardware:
AMD Phenom 9600
Gigabyte GA-MA 790FX-DQ6
North Bridge: AMD 790FX
South Bridge: AMD SB600
Realtek 8111B/8168B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
2GB RAM
GeCube Ati HD 3780 512mb

I suppose some drivers has to be installed during setup in order for the linux installation to detect the raid configuration correctly.
Could you help(with simple steps as i am new to the linux world)?
Also is there a problem with any other hardware of the computer that i should know?

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύ ματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθ*τει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων

http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr --

Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
george Tzortzatos

OK found a solution.