Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
H.S.Rai

Default Wireless signal strength 85 or 45%

Please see screenshot.

http://gndec.ac.in/~hsrai/tmp/sswl.png

which indicate two different strength of wireless signal.

1) Wireless network connection to 'G.Hostel' (45%)
2) Connection properties: wlan0 Signal strength 85%

Out of these two which is correct or reliable.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Mark Kirkwood

H.S.Rai wrote:
> Please see screenshot.
>
> http://gndec.ac.in/~hsrai/tmp/sswl.png
>
> which indicate two different strength of wireless signal.
>
> 1) Wireless network connection to 'G.Hostel' (45%)
> 2) Connection properties: wlan0 Signal strength 85%
>
> Out of these two which is correct or reliable.

I see this problem as well -

1/ connection properties says 90%
2/ 'iwconfig wlan0' shows signal quality 57/100

I believe iwconfig - where is connection properties getting its number from?

regards

Mark