Old 07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
andy baxter

Default usb soundcard for linux

Can anyone recommend a decent quality usb sound card for linux?

All I actually need is something that will record and playback at good
quality (ideally better than CD but not important if not), and has a
midi input and output port.

Beyond that, it would be nice if it had more than one input, proper
professional mic inputs etc. I'm looking more for something that's for
home recording of music etc, rather than 5.1 surround for home cinema
playback or whatever.

I've been looking through the soundcard matrix at alsa-project.org, and
haven't found anything that looks suitable so far.

thanks for any help with this,

andy.