FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"
 
Default VMPlayer Installation

Hello,

I am trying to install VMPlayer on AMD64 machine and I get the following
message. Can someone help me in fixing this problem.

Thanks.
csv

Poona, India


$ sudo ./vmware-install.pl

The following VMware kernel modules have been found on your system that were
not installed by the VMware Installer.* Please remove them then run this
installer again.

vmmon
vmblock

Execution aborted.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 05:12 PM
chris
 
Default VMPlayer Installation

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install VMPlayer on AMD64 machine and I get the following
> message. Can someone help me in fixing this problem.
>
> Thanks.
> csv
>
> Poona, India
>
>
> $ sudo ./vmware-install.pl
> The following VMware kernel modules have been found on your system that were
> not installed by the VMware Installer. Please remove them then run this
> installer again.
>
> vmmon
> vmblock
>
> Execution aborted.
>


do you have another vmware product installed on this machine? Such
as vmware server?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"
 
Default VMPlayer Installation

Hello,

No. I don't think that I have any other VMWare product installed on it. VMPlayer is the first product I was trying
to install.

csv


On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:42 PM, chris <lostpkts@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:


> Hello,

>

> I am trying to install VMPlayer on AMD64 machine and I get the following

> message. Can someone help me in fixing this problem.

>

> Thanks.

> csv

>

> Poona, India

>

>

> $ sudo ./vmware-install.pl

> The following VMware kernel modules have been found on your system that were

> not installed by the VMware Installer. *Please remove them then run this

> installer again.

>

> vmmon

> vmblock

>

> Execution aborted.

>





do you have another vmware product installed on this machine? * Such

as vmware server?



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
chris
 
Default VMPlayer Installation

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> No. I don't think that I have any other VMWare product installed on it.
> VMPlayer is the first product I was trying
> to install.
>
> csv


hrmm.... I'm not sure then. My guess is there has at one time been
another install of a vmware product. I believe you can go into the
bin directory of the installer and do a ./vmware-uninstall.pl. or
something like that to see if it will remove the modules.

One thing to also check is to see if some vmware process is running.

ps -eaf | grep vm

If you have things like vmnet, etc, some vmware product is on there.
Take a look then in /etc/init.d and see if there is a vmware script
and stop it.

/etc/init.d/vmware stop (at least for workstation on my laptop)

Then see if you can install the player. If it still complains, I'm not sure.

The modules are in
/lib/modules/<kernel>/misc

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org