Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Jeffrey Needle

Default Yikes, I lost my sound!

I'm using the Wubi install of Ubuntu, Gnome desktop. For reasons
completely mystifying to me, I no longer get any sound through the
speakers. I rebooted to Windows and the sound works fine, so I know
everything is plugged in correctly. I've looked around for some way I
may have muted the Linux system, but can't find anything. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
NoOp

On 07/21/2008 05:44 PM, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
> I'm using the Wubi install of Ubuntu, Gnome desktop. For reasons
> completely mystifying to me, I no longer get any sound through the
> speakers. I rebooted to Windows and the sound works fine, so I know
> everything is plugged in correctly. I've looked around for some way I
> may have muted the Linux system, but can't find anything. Any ideas?
> Thanks.

Try:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sound
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Jeffrey Needle

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 08:11 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/21/2008 05:44 PM, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
> > I'm using the Wubi install of Ubuntu, Gnome desktop. For reasons
> > completely mystifying to me, I no longer get any sound through the
> > speakers. I rebooted to Windows and the sound works fine, so I know
> > everything is plugged in correctly. I've looked around for some way I
> > may have muted the Linux system, but can't find anything. Any ideas?
> > Thanks.
>
> Try:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sound
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

Thanks.

I've discovered "applets" and am using them now. One is for checking
sound levels. When I opened the applet, I found the "mute" button
checked. I have no idea why this should have happened. I unchecked it
and it works fine.

I'm using the notetaker applet every day.

Thanks!