-   -   Creating an ISO from INSTALLED UBUNTU. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/128981-creating-iso-installed-ubuntu.html)

elmo 07-21-2008 08:10 PM

Creating an ISO from INSTALLED UBUNTU.

I have a 8,04 DVD version installed. I have done a lot of customizing
it, (full desktop, some additional software, for example), so it's
considerably larger than it was when I first installed it. In its
present size, it would definitely require a DVD to hold a copy of it.

Instead of spending a lot time in my making copies of it on my DVDs. I
would like to be able to send the whole package via email to
acquaintances in ISO form and let them make their own DVDs.

There's a lot of info about burning ISO Image disks but a scarcity about
the reverse process, ie., create an ISO from a working program.

HELP!!!

Elmo

Karl Larsen 07-21-2008 08:17 PM

elmo wrote:
> I have a 8,04 DVD version installed. I have done a lot of customizing
> it, (full desktop, some additional software, for example), so it's
> considerably larger than it was when I first installed it. In its
> present size, it would definitely require a DVD to hold a copy of it.
>
> Instead of spending a lot time in my making copies of it on my DVDs. I
> would like to be able to send the whole package via email to
> acquaintances in ISO form and let them make their own DVDs.

A whole DVD of data will on my modest speed system take about 14
hours to download. I do not want this at all!

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

"Danyelle Gragsone" 07-21-2008 08:22 PM

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM, elmo <elmo@ne.rr.com> wrote:

I have a 8,04 DVD version installed. *I have done a lot of customizing
it, (full desktop, some additional software, for example), so it's

considerably larger than it was when I first installed it. In its
present size, it would definitely require a DVD to hold a copy of it.

Instead of spending a lot time in my making copies of it on my DVDs. I
would like to be able to send the whole package via email to

acquaintances in ISO form and let them make their own DVDs.
*
Most email clients do not allow for large data transfers.*