-   -   Medibuntu - have they spit the dummy? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/128464-medibuntu-have-they-spit-dummy.html)

NoOp 07-21-2008 02:41 AM

Medibuntu - have they spit the dummy?

Seems lately that any time one tries to fetch packages/updates from
medibuntu lately they end up with 'Failed to fetch'.

Even checking medibuntu's site this evening results in:

http://www.medibuntu.org/packages.php
Warning:
dir(/var/www/vhosts/medibuntu.org/subdomains/packages/httpdocs/pool)
[function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in
/var/www/vhosts/medibuntu.org/httpdocs/func.parse.php on line 3

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in
/var/www/vhosts/medibuntu.org/httpdocs/func.parse.php on line 4

https://bugs.launchpad.net/medibuntu
shows "Latest bugs reported"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+bug/250271
[ http://www.medibuntu.org/packages.php page is not accessible]
and Maexnce reports:
<quote>
Confirmed,
I'll check for this today or tomorrow,

thx for the report.

Maxence
</quote>

Today or tomorrow?

Derek Broughton 07-21-2008 12:45 PM

Medibuntu - have they spit the dummy?

??? Subject line is a little obscure :-)

NoOp wrote:

> Seems lately that any time one tries to fetch packages/updates from
> medibuntu lately they end up with 'Failed to fetch'.

Worked for me yesterday
--
derek

NoOp 07-22-2008 03:31 AM

On 07/21/2008 05:45 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> ??? Subject line is a little obscure :-)

Sorry, it's an Austalian term derived from a child spitting out a
pacifier :-)

> NoOp wrote:
>
>> Seems lately that any time one tries to fetch packages/updates from
>> medibuntu lately they end up with 'Failed to fetch'.
>
> Worked for me yesterday

It's still up and down:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/250271

Derek Broughton 07-22-2008 02:31 PM

NoOp wrote:

> On 07/21/2008 05:45 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> ??? Subject line is a little obscure :-)
>
> Sorry, it's an Austalian term derived from a child spitting out a
> pacifier :-)

I worked it out - I've never heard it in England, but at least I knew what a
dummy was :-)

--
derek

"Steve Flynn" 07-22-2008 03:58 PM

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> On 07/21/2008 05:45 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> ??? Subject line is a little obscure :-)
>>
>> Sorry, it's an Austalian term derived from a child spitting out a
>> pacifier :-)
>
> I worked it out - I've never heard it in England, but at least I knew what a
> dummy was :-)

Totally off-topic, but I here this (and use it myself) here in the UK
a lot. It's the equivalent of throwing ones toys out of the pram,
cutting your nose off to spite your face - that kind of thing.

Anyway, nose back to the grindstone... :)

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0