FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
David Curtis
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

Erik Itland wrote:
> Hi
>
> Reported https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/219657 in April,
> but nothing seems to happen.
>
> What is the correct way to get attention to this bug?
>
> Regards, Erik
>
#ubuntu-bugs on freenode (IRC).



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 AM
NoOp
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

On 07/20/2008 02:14 PM, Erik Itland wrote:
> Hi
>
> Reported https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/219657 in
> April, but nothing seems to happen.
>
> What is the correct way to get attention to this bug?
>
> Regards, Erik
>
>

Have you tried with 2.6.24-19 which is the current kernel? The bug shows:

Suspend/resume worked fine on 2.6.24-13, was broken on 2.6.24-14, worked
again on 2.6.24-15 and, for me at least, is broken again on 2.6.24-16.

But I see no update by you beyond -16. If you want attention to the bug
then I'd suggest that you try -19 and report that it does/does not work
on -19.

Also have a look at:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bnc6320&btnG>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/227989
There might be something there to assist.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:25 AM
"Erik Itland"
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

So I should just forget the old bug report and make a new one?




But I see no update by you beyond -16. If you want attention to the bug

then I'd suggest that you try -19 and report that it does/does not work

on -19.



Also have a look at:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bnc6320&btnG>

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/227989

There might be something there to assist.




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:51 AM
"Stuart A. Yeates"
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

No. Making a new bug is not the right thing to do.

Upgrade your kernel and report the results on the old bug. If
everything works, everyone who has the old bug can see what the
solution is. If everything doesn't work, the kernel team have more
information to work from and know that it's a current bug.

If you make a new bug it just causes confusion and wastes time that
could be spent fixing bugs or helping people.

cheers
stuart



On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Erik Itland <erik.itland@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I should just forget the old bug report and make a new one?
>
>
>> But I see no update by you beyond -16. If you want attention to the bug
>> then I'd suggest that you try -19 and report that it does/does not work
>> on -19.
>>
>> Also have a look at:
>> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bnc6320&btnG>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/227989
>> There might be something there to assist.
>>
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
"Erik Itland"
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

Upgrade your kernel and report the results on the old bug. If

everything works, everyone who has the old bug can see what the

solution is. If everything doesn't work, the kernel team have more

information to work from and know that it's a current bug.



cheers

stuart



Guess I'm already at the newest kernel. uname -r gives "2.6.24-19-generic".

Will try to dump and upload* /proc/version_signature, dmesg and


lspci -vvnn with the new kernel and then try to get somebody to look at it again.




The reason why I wondered if I should open a new bug report is because this one has been stuck in dead water since april.



Erik


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-22-2008, 03:33 AM
NoOp
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

On 07/21/2008 07:56 AM, Erik Itland wrote:

>
> The reason why I wondered if I should open a new bug report is because this
> one has been stuck in dead water since april.
>
> Erik
>
>

Don't open up a new bug. Hopefully your update with garner some
attention. If it doesn't in a day or two post back and we'll see if
someone can raise an alternate flag.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 PM
"xerces8"
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

Erik Itland :

> The reason why I wondered if I should open a new bug report is because this
> one has been stuck in dead water since april.

Some bugs are stuck for years ... :-p

I guess "too many bugs, too few developers"

Regards,
David



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
"Erik Itland"
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

2008/7/22 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:



Don't open up a new bug. Hopefully your update with garner some

attention. If it doesn't in a day or two post back and we'll see if

someone can raise an alternate flag.



I guess thats today, but I don't know how to raise an alternate flag. (I tried to write a polite mail to the guy who triaged the bug, but got no reply.)


Could somebody please help me to raise whatever flag so we can get back suspend/resume on nc6320 : ) ?



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Brian
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

If someone could put such an alternate flag on this three year old bug
I would appreciate it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/21481

It has rendered my workstation unusable.

Thanks,
Brian

On 7/23/08, Erik Itland <erik.itland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> 2008/7/22 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> >
> >
> > Don't open up a new bug. Hopefully your update with garner some
> > attention. If it doesn't in a day or two post back and we'll see if
> > someone can raise an alternate flag.
> >
> >
>
> I guess thats today, but I don't know how to raise an alternate flag. (I
> tried to write a polite mail to the guy who triaged the bug, but got no
> reply.)
>
> Could somebody please help me to raise whatever flag so we can get back
> suspend/resume on nc6320 : ) ?
>
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
NoOp
 
Default How to get attention to a bug

On 07/23/2008 10:19 AM, Erik Itland wrote:
> 2008/7/22 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
>
>>
>> Don't open up a new bug. Hopefully your update with garner some
>> attention. If it doesn't in a day or two post back and we'll see if
>> someone can raise an alternate flag.
>>
>>
> I guess thats today, but I don't know how to raise an alternate flag. (I
> tried to write a polite mail to the guy who triaged the bug, but got no
> reply.)
>
> Could somebody please help me to raise whatever flag so we can get back
> suspend/resume on nc6320 : ) ?
>
>

Oddly enough, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/227989
has been assigned to Tim Gardner (also see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/227989/+activity),
yet your bug hasn't been assigned to anyone. I'd suggest that you add on
to 227989 noting that it doesn't work with -19 _and_ point them to your
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/219657
Looks to me as if 227989 should be marked as a duplicate of your bug.
But see'ing as how 227989 actually has a real person assigned to it, I'd
leave it to Gardner or someone else to mark it as a dupe.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org