-   -   How to improve improve quality of audio in Linux (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/128299-how-improve-improve-quality-audio-linux.html)

"Sergio Belkin" 07-20-2008 06:20 PM

How to improve improve quality of audio in Linux

Hi,

Since a lot of years ago I don't use Windows no more, but a coworker
has recently installed Linux (Ubuntu Hardy Heron) and he complains at
me saying that sound is lower than in Windows, I had no much time to
see it and sorry I don't remember which is the sound card, but of
course I checked that mixer has high volumen... but still it sounds
low. What can I do to improve the audio, what is better for a user
with many years using Windows: Alsa, Pulse audio, OSS, any idea, tip,
hint, etc...

thanks in advance
Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com