Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
"Kim Briggs"

Default no more windows

On 7/20/08, norman <norman@littletank.org> wrote:
> Could some kind person please point me in the correct direction so that
> I can remove windows from my machine and have Ubuntu 8.04 only.
>
> Norman

Hi Norman,

Here is the ISO file: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

You need to burn it as an "ISO image" and not as a data disk. One of
the choices during setup will be "use entire disk". The Ubuntu setup
program will format your disk for you and rid you of Windows.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com

Old 07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Jason Crain

norman wrote:
> Some research led me to believe that I should change the NIC setup from
> NAT to bridged. I did this and then found that I was unable to access
> the internet.

I have had a similar problem when trying to use a bridged wifi
connection with VMWare. I get log messages like this:

bridge-ath0: enabling the bridge
bridge-ath0: can't bridge with ath0, bad header length 88
bridge-ath0: interface ath0 is not a valid Ethernet interface

It works with a wired bridged connection, though.