Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
norman

Default no more windows

I only use XP Pro to play Bridge Baron on line with my brother who lives
more than 300 km from where I live. I was told that it should be
possible to run XP Pro in a virtual setup and decided to try VMWare.
Sure enough, not only could I run XP Pro but also Bridge Baron ran very
well until I tried to play on line. I had the NIC setup as NAT and,
although I could access the internet, my brother was unable to contact
my machine to play bridge.

Some research led me to believe that I should change the NIC setup from
NAT to bridged. I did this and then found that I was unable to access
the internet.

Could some kind person please point me in the correct direction so that
I can remove windows from my machine and have Ubuntu 8.04 only.

Norman

Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
"Sean Carolan"

Some research led me to believe that I should change the NIC setup from

NAT to bridged. I did this and then found that I was unable to access

the internet.
If you're going to use NAT you will need a router with a DHCP server included.* Most home routers have this feature built it.* Personally I use a WRT-54GL, it works great and allows my virtual machines to get on the internet just as you have mentioned.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
"Sean Carolan"

Some research led me to believe that I should change the NIC setup from

NAT to bridged. I did this and then found that I was unable to access

the internet.
If you're going to use NAT you will need a router with a DHCP server included.* Most home routers have this feature built it.* Personally I use a WRT-54GL, it works great and allows my virtual machines to get on the internet just as you have mentioned.

Er, I meant to say "if you're going to use *bridged*" - my bad!