-   -   Erroneous trash entry with gvfs (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/128074-erroneous-trash-entry-gvfs.html)

Mario Vukelic 07-20-2008 07:41 AM

Erroneous trash entry with gvfs

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 17:20 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/
> files info

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I only need to find out how to delete a
wrong cache entry for a file that does not exist anymore, but which is
still shown in Trash, and whose trash entry cannot be deleted by
emptying the trash

With gnome-vfs, this could be done by
deleting /home/<user>/.gnome/gnome-vfs/.trash_entry_cache. There was a
bug in Launchpad for it. Now it still seems to happen, but the gnome-vfs
file is gone, and I can't find the substitute in gvfs.

Any help appreciated

NoOp 07-20-2008 05:02 PM

On 07/20/2008 12:41 AM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 17:20 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
>> $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/
>> files info
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. Now I only need to find out how to delete a
> wrong cache entry for a file that does not exist anymore, but which is
> still shown in Trash, and whose trash entry cannot be deleted by
> emptying the trash
>
> With gnome-vfs, this could be done by
> deleting /home/<user>/.gnome/gnome-vfs/.trash_entry_cache. There was a
> bug in Launchpad for it. Now it still seems to happen, but the gnome-vfs
> file is gone, and I can't find the substitute in gvfs.
>
> Any help appreciated

I found entries in:
/home/<user>/.local/share/Trash/info
You might check there and see if there are files. They are plain text
files and look something like this:

[Trash Info]
Path=/home/gg-laptop/tempdir/Protractor1GG2Example.pdf
DeletionDate=2008-07-20T09:19:26

Mario Vukelic 07-20-2008 05:11 PM

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:02 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> I found entries in:
> /home/<user>/.local/share/Trash/info
> You might check there and see if there are files.

Thanks. I had found this dir, but it is, alas, empty.

NoOp 07-22-2008 06:02 PM

Erroneous trash entry with gvfs

On 07/20/2008 12:41 AM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 17:20 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
>> $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/
>> files info
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. Now I only need to find out how to delete a
> wrong cache entry for a file that does not exist anymore, but which is
> still shown in Trash, and whose trash entry cannot be deleted by
> emptying the trash
>
> With gnome-vfs, this could be done by
> deleting /home/<user>/.gnome/gnome-vfs/.trash_entry_cache. There was a
> bug in Launchpad for it. Now it still seems to happen, but the gnome-vfs
> file is gone, and I can't find the substitute in gvfs.
>
> Any help appreciated

I see new gvfs updates out today that are supposed to fix the
unremovable files in trash & trash on autofs mounts etc
(0.2.5-0Ubuntu1), so you might update and then check again.

Mario Vukelic 07-22-2008 06:14 PM

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 11:02 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> I see new gvfs updates out today that are supposed to fix the
> unremovable files in trash & trash on autofs mounts etc
> (0.2.5-0Ubuntu1), so you might update and then check again.

Cool, thanks. Though I have been running Intrepid for a few weeks [1],
and there gvfs is at 0.99.1-0ubuntu3 and the issue so far persists.

But thanks for trying, anyway :)

[1] Yes, I am insane.

NoOp 07-22-2008 07:20 PM

On 07/22/2008 11:14 AM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 11:02 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> I see new gvfs updates out today that are supposed to fix the
>> unremovable files in trash & trash on autofs mounts etc
>> (0.2.5-0Ubuntu1), so you might update and then check again.
>
> Cool, thanks. Though I have been running Intrepid for a few weeks [1],
> and there gvfs is at 0.99.1-0ubuntu3 and the issue so far persists.
>
> But thanks for trying, anyway :)
>

> [1] Yes, I am insane.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/203195
[bottom 2 comments]
=========
Martin Pitt wrote 8 hours ago: (permalink)

Copied to hardy-updates.
Martin Pitt wrote 8 hours ago: (permalink)

Needs to be applied to Intrepid ASAP.

Mario Vukelic 07-22-2008 07:28 PM

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 12:20 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/203195

*bows*

Many thanks again. Now I'm feeling bad that I was too lazy to search
suffiently ;)