FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Arnold Pietersen
 
Default Firefox not Updating

Ubuntu indicated that there were software updates of which Firefox was
one for version 2.0.0.11. I have Firefox 2.0.0.9. I downloaded the
updates and was requested to restart Firefox. However, I still have
version 2.0.0.9.

Any help

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Bas Roufs
 
Default Firefox not Updating

Hello

> Ubuntu indicated that there were software updates of which Firefox was
> one for version 2.0.0.11. I have Firefox 2.0.0.9. I downloaded the
> updates and was requested to restart Firefox. However, I still have
> version 2.0.0.9.
>
Go to START--SYSTEM- update/ package manager. (In Kubuntu the update and
package manager has the name 'Adept'. In Gnome, I don't know.)
However it may be, after giving in your password and opening the update/
package manager, you will see a list of all the software available in
the repository. Moreover, you will see what has been installed on your
computer and what not. Look for 'Firefox', and right-click on it one
time. Than choose the option 'details'. Than you will see which version
REALLY is running on your PC right now. Nasty detail: sometimes, the
help programme of 'Firefox', 'Thunderbird' or any other piece of
software indicates an earlier version than the one you are actually
running! Via the update manager, you can see which version you are
running really!

Respectfully Yours,


Bas.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Arnold Pietersen
 
Default Firefox not Updating

Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello
>
>> Ubuntu indicated that there were software updates of which Firefox was
>> one for version 2.0.0.11. I have Firefox 2.0.0.9. I downloaded the
>> updates and was requested to restart Firefox. However, I still have
>> version 2.0.0.9.
>>
> Go to START--SYSTEM- update/ package manager. (In Kubuntu the update and
> package manager has the name 'Adept'. In Gnome, I don't know.)
> However it may be, after giving in your password and opening the update/
> package manager, you will see a list of all the software available in
> the repository. Moreover, you will see what has been installed on your
> computer and what not. Look for 'Firefox', and right-click on it one
> time. Than choose the option 'details'. Than you will see which version
> REALLY is running on your PC right now. Nasty detail: sometimes, the
> help programme of 'Firefox', 'Thunderbird' or any other piece of
> software indicates an earlier version than the one you are actually
> running! Via the update manager, you can see which version you are
> running really!
>
> Respectfully Yours,
>
>
> Bas.
>
Bas

I went to Synaptic Package Manager and the installed version is 2.0.0.11.

So I guess I am running the updated version, but Help indicating a
previous version.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Arnold


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Bas Roufs
 
Default Firefox not Updating

Hello Arnold


>>> Ubuntu indicated ....
>>>
>>>
>> Go to START--SYSTEM- update/ package manager. ........
>>
>
> I went to Synaptic Package Manager and the installed version is 2.0.0.11.
>
Exactly - this is the version that became available yesterday or today
via the repository.
A few hours ago, I also downloaded this update and a bunch of other ones
via the update manager.

> So I guess I am running the updated version, but Help indicating a previous version.
>

Exactly! There must be some bug that sometimes causes this discrepancy
between the REAL updated version and the version number indicated by Help.
As a Linux newbie, it took me a few days before I understood this :-)
> Thanks for your help.
>

With pleasure!

Respecfully Yours,

Bas.


> Regards
>
> Arnold
>
>
>


--
*************************
Viaconsensus
Bas G. Roufs M.A.
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT Utrecht
E.: BasRoufs@gmail.com
M.: +31.6.446.835.10.
T.: +31.30.785.20.40.
Skype: BasRoufs
Google Talk: BasRoufs
Yahoo Messenger: Bas6Human
**************************


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org