-   -   Gnome keyboard shortcuts problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/127665-gnome-keyboard-shortcuts-problem.html)

"Johnny Rosenberg" 07-19-2008 11:50 AM

Gnome keyboard shortcuts problem

Since a week or two ago, it doesn't seem to be possible to make a shortcut to my home folder to work. Everything else seems to work, such as Ctrl+Alt+t to launch a terminal. I assigned Ctrl+Alt+n for my home folder. A while ago, when it worked, Ctrl+Alt+n opened my home folder with Nautilus, but now nothing happens.

I have changed the shortcut so something else and changed it back again, I have verified that the setting is intact etc, but nothing still happens when I press Ctrl+Alt+n (or whatever shortcut I use at the moment for that particular thing).

I have no idea where to start debugging, so all ideas are welcome. I think I need to understand exactly what happens when I press a key that are matched by one of the assigned shortcuts. Is this a Gnome thing? Are there any files that I should check, etc?

As I said, other shortcuts, like Ctrl+Alt+t for launcing a terminal works perfectly.

Oh, and clicking "places → hoke folder" opens my home folder with Nautilus perfectly.

I uninstalled Nautilus, which made my home folder being opened with EasyTag instead, but it still didn't work using the keyboard shortcut.

UbuntuStudio 8.04. I always update (using the update manager) when there is an update available.

Johnny Rosenberg