Old 07-19-2008, 08:17 AM
H.S.Rai

Default Sound troubleshoot

I started with Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS (Dapper Drake) on Compaq Presario
V3000 (V3018TU) which is having conexant high definition audio. With
that it used to play sound but no mic recording. Now I reinstalled
Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS (Hardy Heron) after formatting harddisk (not
upgraded) with hope that now mic will also work. But even not sound in
speaker.

What I can do now to make recording and playing sound on this laptop possible?

Thanks,

--
H.S.Rai

Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 AM
H.S.Rai

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM, H. S. Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> What I can do now to make recording and playing sound on this laptop possible?

Following http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=455147

things improved a lot. Sound playing is O.K. But recording has lot of
noise. Can we illimenate noise?

--
H.S.Rai
http://hs.raiandrai.com/

Old 07-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Phil Sexton

H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM, H. S. Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> What I can do now to make recording and playing sound on this laptop possible?
>
> Following http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=455147
>
> things improved a lot. Sound playing is O.K. But recording has lot of
> noise. Can we illimenate noise?

If you are using an on board sound card, no. See:

<http://karmak.org/archive/2003/02/audio_quality_HOWTO.htm>