Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Matt Ford

Default Add/Remove Applications - Wine

Wine is listed in the Add/Remove Applications program as "Wine Windows
Emulator" but I thought "Wine Is Not an Emulator" (WINE)?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 07-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Derek Broughton

Matt Ford wrote:

> Wine is listed in the Add/Remove Applications program as "Wine Windows
> Emulator" but I thought "Wine Is Not an Emulator" (WINE)?

That's just what the acronym means, it doesn't mean that's what Wine IS. Of
course it's an emulator. I've been all over those arguments a million
times, and it's still intended to run Windows programs in a Linux
environment - exactly the sort of thing emulators do.
--
derek