Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Steven Martin

Default Pulse Audio / Take 2

All,

A week ago, I cursed out Pulse Audio something awful.
It now appears that Pulse Audio has actually fixed my
audio problems IF you follow some instructions
closely.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Why_you_should_care_about_PulseAudio_and_how_to_st art_doing_it

After, that I installed the necessary Mplayer and
codecs

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-mplayer-and-multimedia-codecs-libdvdcss2w32codecs-in-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html

I am now able to stream in all the necessary formats
and it outputs to my amplifier via a USB jack on the
ampifier.

For me, my first attempt with PulseAudio was
disastrous. It turned out to be an excuse to
reinstall Gutsy from scratch and to only reinstall
apps that have worked for me such as WICD.

Pulse Audio does work but be careful.

Steve