Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
"Oguz Yarimtepe"

Default dimming backlight

I was trying to decrease the brightness. First i tried the script [1]
script after installing the newest Nvidia driver from hardy-proposed
repo. It worked fine. Although when i press the fn keys to setup my
brightness it was getting a double signal, it was working. My question
is not fixing the doubling problem now.

nvidia-settings only adjust the color brightness, what i want is to
adjust the voltage of the backlight so that i can increase or decrease
the voltage of the backlight to save the power. This is like dimming
or not dimming the backlight. I search the google about it but i
havent found a solution yet.
Changing the /proc/acpi/video/VGA0/DD03/brightness or
/sys/class/backlight/*/brightness values didn't effect the backlight
color.

I tired to use the smardimmer, installed it from source. Everytimde i
run it from console it shows the SmartDimmer level: 0, although i set
the level.

My v-card bus id is 0649 so it uses the current 173 nvidia driver, and
a 5600 series gforce card. Also my system is a fresh installed Hardy.

Any help will be helpfull about dimming the backlight.

[1] http://pastebin.com/f5cc9746b

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe