Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Detlef Lechner

Default Why does '~$ sudo ifup eth0' not provide Internet access?

Hi,
[LAN using pm-utils and Fritz!BoxFon ADSL router] I'm resuming my Hardy
computer from hibernation. I notice that I forgot to switch on prior
the
router.
'~$ sudo ethtool eth0' reports 'Link detected'.
sudo ifdown eth0 reports: "interface eth0 not configured."
'~$ sudo ifup eth0' still does not provide Internet access. Only
'sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager restart' provides Internet
access.
Why?

Regards,
Detlef Lechner