-   -   Changing Desktop Icon Fonts (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/126279-changing-desktop-icon-fonts.html)

Rich Rudnick 07-17-2008 04:33 AM

Justin Tan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I change the desktop icons font colours? Its currently white and
> rather difficult to see so I would like to change it to black.
>
> I tried using Gnome Configurator but it seems to change every other
> colour on my desktop except the fonts!

gnome-color-chooser will change the desktop font colors and backgrounds.

kapil singh 07-17-2008 08:49 AM

Changing Desktop Icon Fonts

Hello Justin,

You can change the colors, fonts and fonts size from:

System > preferences > Appearance -

Now, you can see Appearance preferences ,

from here you can change Icons Size, fonts size, themes and no. of things
you can change from here.

Thanks and Regards,
Kapil singh Kushwah
Hotwax Media Inc
Indore, India

Rashkae 07-17-2008 01:25 PM

kapil singh wrote:
> Hello Justin,
>
> You can change the colors, fonts and fonts size from:
>
> System > preferences > Appearance -
>
> Now, you can see Appearance preferences ,
>
> from here you can change Icons Size, fonts size, themes and no. of things
> you can change from here.

But not, apparently, the font color of the desktop icons.. strange, I
can't figure this one out myself either.

Rashkae 07-17-2008 01:39 PM

Justin Tan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I change the desktop icons font colours? Its currently white and rather difficult to see so I would like to change it to black.
>
> I tried using Gnome Configurator but it seems to change every other colour on my desktop except the fonts!
>
> Thanks everyone in advance

This is ugly as hades, but might be your only option in this case.

Create a file in your home directory named .gtkrc-2.0

It needs to contain the following:

style "desktop-icon"
{
NautilusIconContainer::frame_text = 1