Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 PM
"Professor Gustavo Cardoso"

Default problems with ATI x700 mobility radeon

Hey guys

I am having a problem with my asus graphic cards. Just dont work.
ATI x700 mobility radeon
Does anyone knows something about, i did everything that ubuntu says, and I always black screen.

--
Professor Gustavo Cardoso
Well-being and life consulting

:: www.swasthya.co.uk :: www.uni-yoga.org ::
::
gustavo.cardoso@uni-yoga.org

London office:********************
+44 (0) 2070 340 323********

Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Aart Koelewijn

Op wo, 05-12-2007 te 00:31 +0000, schreef Professor Gustavo Cardoso:
> Hey guys
>
> I am having a problem with my asus graphic cards. Just dont work.
> ATI x700 mobility radeon
> Does anyone knows something about, i did everything that ubuntu says,
> and I always black screen.

I had a similar problem with a ASUS laptop with the Gutsy kernel (worked
ok with the Fiesty kernel) With the black screen I was able to get into
the box with ssh from an other box. Then I could look at the Xorg.0.log
file and found the problem in my case. To get the Gutsy kernel to boot I
had to use acpi=off in the boot line. Then I got the black screen. By
adding pci=biosirq to the boot line I could get the screen up.

Hope this helps
BTW, I'm back to using the Fiesty kernel, works much better for me.

Aart