Old 10-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Unsubscribing

Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 AM
Derek Broughton

Nigel Henry wrote:

> Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in
> his request.

Spamming a mail list is rude - even if it is just because you're ignorant.
--
derek

Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Chris G

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 06:26:54PM -0400, steve wrote:

> Wade Smart wrote:
> > Izaim Osmani wrote:
> >> Stop Sending me those emails please, I dont want news about linux or
> >> windows, my inbox got 200 messages per day, are you playing, stop these
> >> messages.
> >>
> >> Izaim Osmani
> >> izaimosmani@hotmail.com <mailto:izaimosmani@hotmail.com>
> >
> > 20081006 1713 GMT-6
> >
> > Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
> > But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
> >
> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> >

> someone needs to fund a study and find out the leading cause to why it
> is so difficult to see the word UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of EVERY email.

It's partly because of the increasing habit of top posting, all those
top posters *never* ever get to the bottom of the message because of
all the junk they know is left there (by top posters).

--
Chris Green

Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Chris G

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 06:49:18PM -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

> >> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
> >>
> >> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
> >> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
> >>
> >> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> >
> > Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
> > request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
> > to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
> > unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
> > change settings/unsubscribe, etc.
> >
> > Nigel.
> >

> That's silly,, I've never memorized a mailing list password my whole
> life,, whenever I need to change something, I just click the "I'm a
> idiot who doesn't know his password button" and one gets e-mailed to me.

For all my "not very secure" password requirements I use a simple
algorithm, a memorable (for me) word plus the last three letters of
the list name backward appended to the end. Thus my password for this
list is <myspecialword>utn.

Easy to remember and different for every list (and other low security
requirement). <myspecialword> is one that won't be found by most
dictionary searches by the way.

--
Chris Green

Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Wade Smart wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

>>> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
>>>
>>> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
>>> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
>>>
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
>> request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
>> to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
>> unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
>> change settings/unsubscribe, etc.
>>
>> Nigel.
>>

> 20081060 1744 GMT-6
>
> Hmmm.... point taken.

I think the other point is that it would have been nice to phrase it in
a way that wasn't inflammatory, or at least not accusatory...the tone
was that of this list is spamming him. There wasn't much of a "can you
help me" as much as a flamebait to the message. It's a courtesy you're
asking subscribers to use while excusing new people from.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Charles Hall

Hello:

Can anyone tell me how I can unsubscribe from this list please?* I thought that it would be useful, but as I am an Ubuntu novice, the level of discussions is above my level of understanding.* Thank you.

* CWH

Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Joseph Salisbury

On 01/14/2011 04:43 PM, Charles Hall wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can unsubscribe from this list please? I thought that
> it would be useful, but as I am an Ubuntu novice, the level of discussions is
> above my level of understanding. Thank you.
>
> CWH

Hi Charles,

You can unsubscribe from the following page:

Thanks,

Joe

Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Steven Miano

Click on the link at the bottom of every email you get. ; )

At the bottom of the page in the middle is an "unsubscribe" button.*
Hope you find a better fitting list for you! There are usually decent discussions in IRC, as well as the local user lists (I'm a member of Ubuntu-FL as a Florida resident). ; )

Cheers!
~MianoSM